Is Fantasy Killing Your Reality?

This blog is prompted by the buzz I have heard surrounding a recent book craze. I won't call any names but if you've read it you will know what I'm talking about. Let me first start by saying I haven't read the book. I'm not condemning those that HAVE read the book. I'm not saying anyone shouldn't read the book. All that set aside...I wonder...is fantasy killing YOUR reality?

This craze started over a very risque book that is appealing to what appears to be a majority of women right now. It's apparently full of all sorts of sex scenes, a scandalous affair, and more. While that may be fine and good I have personally watched women begin "wishing" they were the main female character in the book. Some of my single friends have begun changing the type of man they seek to better fit the profile of the main male character. Some of my married friends have begun comparing their spouse to the main male character and suddenly wishing their spouse did certain...intimate things...different.
Ok, let's get off that bandwagon and hop on another. There are tons of cyberlife type sites where a person can literally have a complete fantasy life. I have seen other friends get so wrapped up into these sites that they have lost jobs, money, family, and friends. Or what about the movie aficionado that becomes so wrapped up in their favorite trilogy they begin believing it could really happen.

The fantasy life is not all bad. I think it's actually somewhat healthy in maintaining a vivid imagination. I think it's beneficial in working on manifesting things. Where I see the problem is when the lines of fantasy become so blurred that a person's reality begins suffering.
I know this isn't like my typical blogs but it's just been on my heart and honestly it makes me sad to see people literally losing everything they have because they are so consumed with a fantasy life.
My challenge today is this: Be present. Live in your reality. Take notice of your family and friends around you. Connect with them. If you are a person that struggles with your fantasy world in an un-healthy capacity, seek help. Until next time....Be Blessed!

Comments