Sunday Afternoon Musings

 Today I am just sitting around contemplating life. I was thinking about the trials I have had in my life. I have had some tough stuff. I know there are people that have been far worse off than I have so I am in no way trying to discredit that. Anyway I digress. Back on track. I was thinking about trials I have had and the fact that somehow I always come out better on the other side. God has never taken me somewhere that didn't produce some sort of life changing blessing. All trials have produced something amazing in my life.


I was thinking about how I don't always see the way and it made me think about a road at night. (Somewhere I have heard this analogy before but I can't remember where or who to give proper credit to-at any rate this is not a completely original idea).You have a black road with some faint painted lines. You can see the road ahead of you and if a car comes or if you have great headlights you can see a pretty good distance. The thing is there is a point where your headlights no longer reach. You can't see the road beyond that. You don't know which way it is going to curve but you know it is there.



Faith is sort of like that. You don't know the turns, hills, or straight ways that you will travel, but you know there is a "road" ahead of you and you know if you stay the course you will reach your destination safely.



So even in a trial when you can't see the path or what to do know that God has a road ahead of you and He will take care of you even beyond the headlights. 

Like this post? Share it! Love this post? Share it more!! Want more? Visit my website:
Angela D Payne 

Comments